All applications will be considered confidential. Affinity reserves the right to maintain applications on file unless applicant specifies otherwise. Affinity is an equal opportunity employer.
Assistant Golf Pro, Keswick, VA - We are currently seeking an Assistant Golf Professional for Glenmore Country Club in Keswick, VA. Glenmore is a private club with a 1992 John LaFoy designed course which tips out at 7000/74/147, in addition to racquet, swimming, and fitness facilities. Generally considered one of the better private courses in the state, the club has hosted numerous Virginia State Golf Association major events and several USGA championship qualifiers. Located about seven miles east of downtown Charlottesville our facility is within the gated Glenmore community which contains ~800 homes. Purchased by Affinity in 2018, Glenmore CC is currently undergoing modernization, updating, renovation and expansion throughout.
- Current PGA/LPGA member in good standing, or someone who is actively pursuing PGA/LPGA membership
- Knowledge of standard golf operations, rules of golf and tournament operations
- Knowledge of tournament management software and golf-centric POS systems (e.g., IBS, TeeOn)
- An understanding of excellent member service and the ability to provide it
- Launch monitor understanding and application while club fitting and teaching
- Shop merchandising: receiving, displaying, inventorying and maintaining levels.
- Opening and closing of the golf shop
- Assisting in all tournament and outing operations
- Management of outside staff, golf cart operations, practice facility, club storage and club repair
- General merchandising while maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Giving lessons and assisting with men's/ladies/junior golf programs
- Playing golf with a variety of members as schedule allows
- Staying current on all club and golf trends by attending seminars and workshops.
- Health insurance after 90 Days
- Dental and vision available
- Shift meals from our restaurant
- PGA/LPGA dues paid
- Continuing education allowance
- Compensation varies with experience and is in line with industry standards for the position.
Sous Chef, Keswick, VA - Currently seeking a Sous Chef for Glenmore Country Club, a 25-year-old, first class, full service, family friendly, private club located in Keswick, VA, approximately seven miles east of Charlottesville on rt. 250. The most important qualifications are a strong work ethic, a positive attitude and a passion for cooking.
Responsibilities include the daily preparation of food items in the pantry, sauté, and grill stations with emphases on food appearance, quality and taste to create an exceptional dining experience for our members and their guests.
Requirements are as follows:
- Previous fine dining experience is needed
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Ability to take direction and work as a team member
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and organized
- Commitment to quality service, as well as food and beverage knowledge
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
This is a full time, year-round position with a company that understands work-life balance and has a stable, sane F&B team already in place. Compensation is based on experience. Submit a resume via email, no calls please.