Small market country club in the Upper Midwest experienced declining membership with new competition, and was facing first operating assessment from lower revenues and higher expenses following course renovation and clubhouse expansion. Financial weakness was beginning to cause membership strife.
- Affinity conducted general club overview, including member focus groups and attended annual meeting of members.
- Emphasized need to expand services within existing amenities.
- Strengthened key committees.
- Provided marketing recommendations including outreach to former members and potential social members in friendly tone to dispel perceptions of snooty atmosphere that were inconsistent with small town values.
- Implemented member prospect database.
Club added 40 members from November through March following Affinity’s study, stabilized finances and improved member morale.