All applications will be considered confidential. Affinity reserves the right to maintain applications on file unless applicant specifies otherwise. Affinity is an equal opportunity employer.
Assistant Golf Pro, Keswick, VA - We are currently seeking an Assistant Golf Professional for the Club at Glenmore in Keswick, VA. Glenmore is a private club with a 1992 John LaFoy designed course which tips out at 7000/74/147, in addition to racquet, swimming, and fitness facilities. Generally considered one of the better private courses in the state, the club has hosted numerous Virginia State Golf Association major events and several USGA championship qualifiers.
- Current PGA/LPGA member in good standing, or someone who is actively pursuing PGA/LPGA membership
- Knowledge of standard golf operations, rules of golf and tournament operations
- Knowledge of tournament management software and golf-centric POS systems (e.g., IBS, TeeOn)
- An understanding of excellent member service and the ability to provide it
- Launch monitor understanding and application while club fitting and teaching
- Shop merchandising: receiving, displaying, inventorying and maintaining levels.
- Opening and closing of the golf shop
- Assisting in all tournament and outing operations
- Management of outside staff, golf cart operations, practice facility, club storage and club repair
- General merchandising while maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Giving lessons and assisting with men's/ladies/junior golf programs
- Playing golf with a variety of members as schedule allows
- Staying current on all club and golf trends by attending seminars and workshops.
- Health insurance after 90 Days
- Dental and vision available
- Shift meals from our restaurant
- PGA/LPGA dues paid
- Continuing education allowance
- Compensation varies with experience and is in line with industry standards for the position.
No calls please. Submit a cover letter and resume here.
Tennis and Fitness Center Administrator - Keswick, VA - This part time position with a weekly schedule of Monday – Friday 8AM – 12~1PM. Hours may vary bases on season, weather, etc. Hourly compensation will be based on experience.
Daily responsibilities shall include (but not be limited to):
Greeting members as they enter the facility, answering phone calls and emails, communicating with membership regarding tennis, fitness, and aquatics programs, assist with the organization of tennis and fitness programs as needed, communicating the other tennis and fitness center staff members as needed, help manage monthly program schedules for tennis and fitness, billing of tennis and fitness programs, manage tennis shop inventory, assist with the daily upkeep and cleaning of the fitness center, etc. Some weekend and holiday hours will be required for special events.
The right candidate must be a team player, have an energetic and outgoing personality, be very organized, communicate clearly, be prompt, be knowledgeable of Microsoft Office, be VERY service oriented, and must have a knowledge of fitness equipment and its operation. The right candidate should also have (but not required) knowledge of the game of tennis, knowledge of point of sale system operations, and a background in the service industry. A background in clothing retail and merchandising is also a plus.
If interested, please email a cover letter and resume--no calls please.